Old Man Pass Snowshoe, Dec 3rd

Wow, I’ve been out of the loop for a while. It’s not been because I’ve not been out as much as I’m used to but also because I had to re-do all my maps… technical difficulties I guess. But know those are all fixed and I should be able to get back on track (hopefully). That out of the way, I just wanted to share this little trip I did with Val back in December. I’ve had Old Man Pass in my to-do list for quite a while but never went there because it’s a bit of a longer drive. When I commented that with Val, she told me she had gone several times and that it was a great place to snowshoe. So we woke up a bit earlier than normal and decided to head over to Old Man Pass. The first treat of the day was to get there and find the snow parks deserted. Besides two cars we saw on the road nearby, we did not see anybody else the entire day. Weather played nicely with us so we did a loop that we made up as we went. It ended up being a fantastic day with Val exploring different routes, going off trail in places and enjoying the scenery that was fantastic.



Interactive map To see the full map, click Menu and select Full Screen. You can also click Terrain to change the map style

No comments: