Mt Mitchell, Nov 29th

Not much to tell about this hike except it is the second time I’ve been there and still haven’t got the famous views your are supposed to get. The trail to the top of the mountain goes through a very dense forest that opens up at one point with a supposedly, great view of Mt Saint Helens. Further up, once you get to the ridge, there’s a big rock formation where an old fire lookout used to be. Some remains are still in the area. What’s most impressive is the view from the top. Looking north you are supposed to see Mt Saint Helens right in front of you and the Swift Reservoir down below. As you will see in the pictures, we didn’t get to see anything. I guess I will have to do it again; maybe third time is the charm.

1 comment:

Claudio Berstein said...

In fact I did, I went back to Mt Mitchel in March of 2010. The post was published in April of 2010 and yes, I did get the views