Hike to Nesika Lodge, January 2nd

Before anything, Happy New Year! Ok, I know, I’m a bit late, but with all the festivities and hikes I haven’t been able to dedicate enough time to write and keep the blog up to date. Trust me when I say that doing a couple of hikes during the weekend complicates things. Either way, if you read the previous posting, we went to the same place for the day. We did it again since part of he group was going to be at Nesika and also because Jeff needed to pick up his sleeping bag. The hike up was very nice and we were able to find the toothbrush trail without a problem. In the pictures you’ll notice that weather was much better this time. I was less cloudy but with far more wind. After a nice picnic at Nesika with Avocados, Cheese, Bread and Crackers we helped cleaning and closing the lodge before heading back. This time we took the Cougar Rock trail which doesn’t go up as much but takes you thru the ridge of the mountain offering some really nice views of the river. The trail was a lot of fun, it gave us chances to play with snow and laugh at each other, especially in a section that was covered with branches.
BTW, If you see an improvement in the pictures, that’s because I’m using my new toy

No comments: