Hike at Forest Park, December 16th

This was a hike for Shia. Being in winter, I haven’t had a lot of chances to take Shia with me on day hikes. On one side, I never know how deep or soft the snow will be at the trail making it difficult to predict if she will be ok. On the other side, I know she’s ok in snow for half an hour or more, I don’t know if a couple of hours is something she will be comfortable with. In any case, in almost all the hikes, I’ve seen dogs in the trail, so at some point I will be taking her with me. Having said that is clear that Shia needed a hike and Forest Park was it. For those not familiar with Portland, Forest Park is just that, a huge park in the middle of town. I think this was the largest group I’ve seen in a hike (we were about 40). We took a trail on the west side that took us up and around the mountain to the East side where you can get a view of the city. In general the hike was very interesting due to the fact that even though we did it in December, we were able to almost forget is winter! Look at the pictures to see what I mean. In regards to Shia, she had a lot of fun as well… a picture is worth a thousand words

No comments: