Bridal Veil, Jan 7th

If you live in Oregon, you probably know there are a ton of trails in the Columbia River Gorge. Since I’ve been here, I’ve hiked most of those and some I have done more than once. But there are some I’ve never done before, not necessarily because I was or am not interested but because they are too short. Driving an hour to the trailhead to hike for an hour or less doesn’t seem very appealing to me. For that reason, there have been a short list of trails I’ve never seen or done before. Bridal Veil is one of those. What made me go this time though, was that I needed to do a scout repot to document the work that might be needed in early spring, and since this trail is close to he Latourell Falls, where I also had to do a scout report, I combined the two in a single day. The Bridal Veil area is two trails in one. You can certainly take a straight trail to the waterfall or combine it with the interpretive trail that goes thru several viewpoints. In total the trail is a bit over a mile and generally flat – ideal to take visitors, but you still get some really nice Gorge views and a two-tier waterfall.

You can see the rest of the pictures here

Interactive map

To see the full map, click here

No comments: