The Thumb, Jul 4th

After the wonderful Oregon Coast Backpack, we still had an extra day. With the choice of either coming back home early or doing another hike we all voted for the later. At first we thought about doing Cascade Head but quickly found that there was no access to the trailhead. Then I recalled a hike I did earlier this year to the Thumb so I proposed that to the rest of the group. None of the had done it so I quickly downloaded my tracks and took them there. The hike itself and the views were fantastic as with the first time I did with the bonus of wild flowers. Right from the start we got to several displays that almost hurt the eye. The other encounter was with a deer that, same as last time, followed us for a bit before taking of and disappearing into the forest. It was a very rewarding short hike to finish a long weekend with good friends… and with plenty of time to get back home a relax before the work week started.


You can see the rest of the pictures here

Interactive map

To see the full map, click here

No comments: