Dry Ridge to Grouse Point, May 31st

I guess I could call this hike the “Finally getting to Grouse Point” hike. A couple of years ago I lead this hike with the group and once we got to the end of the Dry Ridge trail we found snow on the ground. My navigation skills back then were not as good and my shoe pick for the day wasn’t the right one either. To make the long story short, I had to change socks and head back down with wet feet. This time we got a much nicer day and with the lack of snow, I was in serious doubt we would find any snow on the ridge. So we started up and I have to say I had forgotten how nice this trail is. Even though it’s a serious workout as it climbs quite a bit, the forest views are amazing. One particular place I like is the grouse Creek crossing. The creek at this point comes down over multiple mossy rocks and fallen trees and it divides leaving space in the middle for a little island with a tree. Crossing is a bit tricky sometimes as everything is slippery. Farther up we finally reached the Grouse Point trail and took a right turn to head to it. I expected the forest to part and at some point see an outcrop or a trail going to a view point. That never happened. There were multiple animal trails but nothing that seemed it would go to the top. After a bit of walking and knowing we had passed the point, we looked for an opening to have lunch. After that we came back down the same way and I again looked for trails to the top. Didn’t find any, weird.



Interactive map

To see the full map, click Menu and select Full Screen. You can also click Terrain to change the map style

No comments: