Saddle Mountain, Dec 2nd

All things come full circle at some point I guess. Besides being the first hike I ever did here in Oregon, This is a hike that I have done numerous times and still waiting for that perfect weather conditions that will allow me to see the coast. Certainly this winter day was not the day for it. It was actually a last minute decision between Val and me to just grab our gear and go out on a close by hike. At first it looked promising as we were able to see the top from the parking lot illuminated by sun. That, unfortunately didn’t last very long. Soon after we started, we got a bit of rain and very low hanging clouds. As we gained elevation, it almost seemed like we were scratching the underside of the clouds and trying to climb over them. Most of the trail was filled with running water from the top. As soon as we got in the open wind started blowing and conditions turned for the worse. Val was plowing the trail going up but by then I got very cold and we had to turn around defeated by Saddle Mountain



Interactive map

To see the full map, click Menu and select Full Screen. You can also click Terrain to change the map style

No comments: