Hike to Lemei Lake, Oct 4th

I was originally planning on doing this as an overnight trip but weather didn’t allow me to do it. Up to certain point, I’m glad it didn’t. Not only was it raining all day but all trails were flooded and al campsites where muddy. Still, it was a great adventure. Even with the rain, we were able to enjoy some really nice fall colors, eat wild berries and cross numerous streams. This hike was in the Indian Heaven wilderness, a place that always surprises me with its beauty and the number of lakes. In the almost 8 miles we did, we passed by a couple of ponds with no names, Junction lake, Lemei Lake, Clear Lake and Bear Leak (I think). Sum to that about 7 or 8 stream crossing and you get the idea. I think the pictures will tell this story better than I can.

No comments: