Hike to Angel's Rest, February 3rd

Finally I went to Angel’s Rest! This is a hike that, although being near the city and very popular, I had not done yet. Maybe the reason is that it is a relatively easy hike, so my plan (which still stands) is to go to Angel’s Rest and then continue to Devil’s Rest. That combination would make the hike very interesting and much harder. In any case, we didn’t have any plans for Sunday and after the hike on Saturday, with Amanda’s rescue and all, we needed some activity. Jeff, Chris and I got together and decided to go to Angel’s rest. This trail is at the beginning of the 84 highway entering the Columbia River Gorge. It is a 2.5 miles trail that takes you up to a view point where you can see the river in both directions. Finally I used the YakTrax, that made it easy to go over the snow and ice we found on the trail. In the pictures you’ll see that the weather was very interesting threatening with rain all the time and very windy. That gave us constant clod cover changes with incredible light changes and reflections on the river. Certainly an easy hike with beautiful scenery honoring its name. Now I need to do Devil’s Rest so I can compare.

View pictures of the hike

No comments: