Hike to Blue Lake, October 14th

This hike was decided at last minute. A friend of mine had told me about it but since I wasn’t sure how late I was getting back from Opal Lake, I wasn’t sure I would be able to make it. Besides that, this is a trail I already know. Now, that doesn’t mean it’s not worth it. Actually this trail is one of the most beautiful trails I’ve done so far. This hike was to Blue Lake, when you see the photos you’ll see why the name. This is the same place I went on my first backpacking trip in early spring. As a contrast to the first time, colors where more vibrant. The yellows and reds and the contrast with the water is simply amazing. The trail was a bit harder than the first time though. Since it already started raining, the lakes are filling up and the ground just can’t absorb the extra water, so it was a walk in the mud. As you might imagine, Lakes, Water and Mud made a perfect combination for Shia. She and the other four dogs had a blast on Sunday.

Hike to Blue Lake October, 2007

No comments: