Bjarnarfoss, Jun 17th

The day after I got to Iceland I woke up early in the morning and headed north towards the Snaefellsnes Peninsula as there were a bunch of things I wanted to check out. I would learn quickly that in Iceland, the majority of well known sites are an easy walk from a main road and hiking distances are not that long. If you’re sticking to the known places, you can cover quite a bit in a single day. My first stop was Bjarnarfoss which coincidentally was not in my list. It just happened to be on the way. As I saw the waterfall in the distance, I started paying a bit more attention to the road and found a well signed turn to the parking area giving access to it. The path is a well laid out with an overlapping plastic mesh they use to prevent erosion and to provide good traction. From the distance the waterfall looks majestic as it drops from the top of an almost flat mountain over a basalt wall bouncing a couple of times before it reaches the bottom.


I followed the trail to the end and a bit more to take a closer picture before heading back to the car and onto the next adventure


No comments: