Twin Lakes from Barlow Pass, Nov 13th

First snowshoe of the season so I guess winter is here. This was kind of last minute hike that I decided to join and ended up leading it. This event was originally posted by Susan but since she was feeling a bit sick, I took over. The original plan was actually to do the lakes look from Frog Lake but I was a bit distracted while driving so we ended up in Barlow Pass which gave us access to the same trail but from the north end. The first part of the trail was an up and down roller coaster ride thru the dense forest without a lot of views. Part of it was because we didn’t have the best of weather. In fact, my camera was in my backpack at the time. The snow wasn’t great either as temperature was still a bit high so snow was melting fast so it was more of a slushy mix than anything. We got to the fork that heads to the lakes and continued to them doing the whole loop around Upper Twin Lake and then continued to Lower Twin Lake. We thought about doing the entire loop reaching the second fork with the PCT to head back up to Barlow but with the weather and lack of scenery, we decided to head back the way we went. As you’ll see in the few pictures I was able to take, there’s already a winter feeling despite the fall colors around the lake. It was still inspiring



You can check the pictures here

No comments: