Kirkjufellsfoss, Jun 17th

Yet another stop as I drove around the Snaefellsness Peninsula. This one for a short hike to the rather small and unimpressive Kirkjufellsfoss waterfall. What makes this little hike a must do is the combine view with Kirkjufell across the road. This is probably one of the most photographed spots in Iceland and since I was there, well, why not.


For a moment I thought about doing the waterfall first and then following a trail that supposedly climbs the edge of the mountain all the way to the summit. It’s not a long hike but, as you can see in the pictures, it’s probably steep and exposed. Being later in the day and having one or two more stops, I decided to pass that idea and just content myself with visiting the waterfall.


I stayed in the area for a bit over an hour shooting at will and trying to get no people in my photos. It took a while but finally I got rewarded for the wait and had a nice time there.

You can see the rest of the pictures here

No comments: