Dog Mountain, May 17th

This was a day I took of from work to do the Larch Mountain Scout with the FS as I mentioned in my previous post. Since we got back down to Multnomah Falls at around noon and I was already in the Gorge with still half a free day, I decided to drive to Dog Mountain to go check the flowers. This proved to be a great idea. Not only did I get an incredible wildflower display (almost at peak) but also was able to park at the trailhead and hike Dog Mountain without the gazillion people that go there over the weekends. This first part of the hike, while I was still in the shade, went fast as I didn’t make any stops. Then I got to the open area and was welcomed with a blanket of yellow flowers. It was a perfect hike to complement the scout I had just done.





No comments: